MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (MGT) and its subsidiaries are engaged in the business of acquiring, developing and monetizing intellectual property rights.
- Acquisition strategy designed to obtain control of assets with a focus on risk mitigation and large potential upside. First property provides large recovery estimate from infringement by casinos and slot machine manufacturers.
- MGT Gaming, Inc. owns U.S. Patent No. 7,892,088 relating to casino gaming systems. In November 2012, MGT Gaming filed a patent infringement suit against Caesars Entertainment Corporation, MGM Resorts International, Inc., WMS Gaming, Inc. - a subsidiary of WMS Industries, Inc., Penn National Gaming, Inc. and Aruze Gaming America, Inc.
- MGT Sports, Inc. has reached an agreement to acquire a controlling interest in FanTD LLC, marking the Company's initial venture in the online and mobile gaming and wagering space. The Company intends to be a leader in the legal online and mobile skilled gaming industry.
- Wholly-owned subsidiary, Medicsight, Inc. is a medical technology company with operations and global patent portfolio of imaging software and hardware devices. Regulatory approvals include CE Mark and U.S. FDA clearance. Medicsight's assets are presently for sale.
- Large insider ownership aligns interest of management and stockholders.
- Cash-rich balance sheet and access to additional capital has MGT well-positioned for additional acquisitions.
MGT Gaming, Inc.
MGT Gaming, Inc. holds certain intellectual property patents focused in the casino gaming sector. The company holds 55% of the issued share capital of MGT Gaming. MGT Sports, Inc.
MGT Sports, Inc.
MGT Sports, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary, has agreed to acquire a majority interest in FanTD LLC, an online daily fantasy sports wagering business. See www.fanthrowdown.com
Medicsight is a medical technology company with intellectual property and operations in imaging software and devices. Medicsight's computer-aided detection software assists radiologists with detection of colorectal polyps, and has received regulatory approvals including CE Mark and U.S. FDA clearance. Medicsight's assets are presently for sale.
The Company holds 100% of the issued share capital of Medicsight, Inc.
Apr 22, 2013
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. to Acquire Majority Stake in Fantasy Sports Wagering Business
Apr 9, 2013
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. Comments on Recent Trading Activity of Its Common Stock
Nov 2, 2012
November 2012 Corporate Presentation